1. Halogen Cardigan 2. Vince Camuto Shoes 3. Tory Burch Wallet 4. Paige Jeans 5. BB Dakota Faux Leather Jacket 6. Chelsea28 Sweater
Dress Kirious Bracelet Nordstrom Sandals Tory Burch
Top Anthropologie Shorts Amazon Sandals Tory Burch
Dress Anthropologie Hat Nordstrom Sandals Antrhopologie
After about 12 months of wedding planning our venue contacted us to tell us we need to cancel or postpone the wedding. We decided to postpone the wedding to next Summer (our venue is only open mid June through mid September due to weather). It was incredibly disappointing, but we decided to get married on 8.14.20 anyways. It wasn’t the day we had planned but it was still full of love and happiness.
The bridal store I bought my wedding dress from stores the wedding dress for me, which means it is basically insured at the store. I had two options for my wedding dress, I could either have them extend my contract and store the wedding dress until next Summer for the ceremony and reception, or I could have it altered and wear it for the elopement. Although I was dying to wear my wedding dress, I decided to wait to wear it for the ceremony and reception next year, and wear a different dress for the elopement…Also, I say elopement but really everyone knew we still planned to get married on our wedding day and we did have immediate family there.
I was lucky enough to already have a white evening gown that I had never worn. It’s from Halston Heritage and just needed a couple of alterations. Unfortunately it is no longer available but here is another dress perfect for an elopement.
The shoes I wore are the shoes I planned to wear on my wedding day. I still plan to wear them for the ceremony and reception next year. You can buy them here. I know these are not the most bridal shoes out there, but I’m not the most bridal bride out there. I LOVE designer shoes, but I’m pretty rough on shoes so I could never justify it. I felt I could finally justify it for my wedding day. I’m happy I can get more use out of it than just for a day. I know I’ll wear these a lot in the future.
Thank you for all your kind words and congratulatory messages across social media. It truly means so much to my husband and I.
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is still in full swing! Today is the last day for card members to get early access. The sale opens to everyone tomorrow 8/19/20. The sale ends on 8/30/20. Please be aware that these items are available at the time of posting this, items do sell out fast.
1. Paige Jeans Paige denim is my absolute favorite brand for jeans.
2. Ugg Slippers I ordered these in the sale and they are the perfect slipper. They are easy to slip on, cozy, and soft.
3. Nordstrom Blanket I now have two of these blankets. They wash well, they hold up for years, they are incredibly soft and luxurious feeling. Even paying full price for this is a great deal, it’s amazing quality.
4. Tory Burch Sneakers I’m not a sneaker girl, but these have convinced me to wear sneakers and that says a lot. They will look good with almost every casual outfit and they are comfortable.
5. Leith Cardigan I bought a variation of this cardigan in the sale last year and I still love it. I get compliments on it every time I wear it.
6. Steve Madden Flats These are my favorite flats. They are perfect for office wear or just out running errands. They are comfortable and the nude is the perfect color. Make sure you protect them with Suede Protector.
7. Hanky Panky Regular Rise Thong THE WORLDS MOST COMFORTABLE THONG. These hold up well when washing and drying. I buy them every year in the sale.
8. Vince Camuto Bootie I bought a similar pair in the sale last year and I get so much use out of them. They look great with jeans and almost every sweater. Make sure you get no show socks to wear with them.
9. Tory Burch Wallet Another item I bought in the sale last year…This is a perfect wallet. It can fit everything! When I say everything I really mean it, it fits cards, checks, a pen, cash, and even a phone.
The day is finally here! I shopped the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this morning online. Below is everything I ordered from the sale. There are a couple of sweaters that I want but they are currently sold out in my size. I’m hoping they restock them before they go up to full price.
1. Zella Leggings 2. Ugg Slippers 3. Wine Rack 4. Throw 5. Hanky Panky Thong 6. Tory Burch Sneakers 7. Gibson Joggers
Either Nordstrom added more items to the Anniversary Sale within the last week, OR I missed these because I wrote the previous blog post at 5AM…and who can be held responsible for being functional at 5AM?!?!? Either way, below are some more recommendations from the sale.
1. Lauren Ralph Lauren Coat 2. Throw Blanket 3. BP. Jogger 4. Treasure and Bond Cheese Board 5. Kenneth Cole Coat 6. Rachel Parcell Shirt Dress 7. Donna Karan Accent Pillow 8. Wine Rack 9. Lauren Ralph Lauren Vest