Month: February 2022
Shop the Trend: Puffer Jackets
Where I live puffer jackets are practical for about 4 to 5 months out of the year. Recently they have become very on trend. Despite being a trendy item, I don’t believe they will go out of style any time soon. I’ve had at least one puffer jacket in my wardrobe for about 7 years now, and I plan to continue to wear them for years to come. I’ve compiled a collection of the cutest puffer jackets below.
Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas
Nutella Ice Cream Recipe
I know ice cream might not be the first dessert you think of during the winter BUT I highly recommend giving this ice cream recipe a try for Valentine’s Day. Trust me, you will wish you tried this recipe sooner.
Before you make this recipe make sure you read over the instructions of the recipe and the instructions of your ice cream maker. Making ice cream is not an instant gratification thing, but it’s worth it!
This Nutella ice cream would be great with crushed hazelnut and marshmallows on top to make a Nutella Rocky Road Ice Cream.
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup whole fat milk
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup Nutella
- Combine heavy whipping cream and milk into a pot on low-medium heat. Stir occasionally to avoid a film forming on top.
- While the milk mixture is heating up, combine egg yolks and sugar into a stand mixer and whisk until smooth. It will become a soft pale yellow color.
- Add Nutella to the sugar and egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Once the milk mixture begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, take a small measuring cup and add 1/2 cup at a time into the egg mixture while the egg mixture is slowly being whisked.
- Once you have about half of the milk mixture added to the egg mixture, take the milk of heat and add the rest of it to the stand mixer. Whisk slowly until it is well combined.
- Add your ice cream base back to the pot and turn the heat back on to medium low. Continuously stir until the mixture reaches a temperature of 170 to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the mixture of the heat and pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature (about 20 to 30 minutes). Once it has reached room temperature, cover with plastic wrap (make sure the plastic wrap is in contact with the ice cream base to avoid a film forming on top) and place in the refrigerator for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Follow your ice cream maker instructions to freeze.
- Place it in an ice cream container and put it in the freezer.
This is a VERY creamy ice cream which is great, but that also means it melts slightly faster than other ice creams (especially since we are not using stabilizers). It’s best to make the ice cream the day before you want to serve it and freeze it overnight.
Stand Mixer You’ll need this because it will be difficult to pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture while whisking at the same time.
Kitchen Thermometer You’ll need this to test the temperature of the ice cream base so you’ll know when it reaches 170 to 175 degrees farenheit.
Mesh Strainer Pouring your ice cream base through a mesh trainer is crucial to achieve a smooth ice cream texture.
Ice Cream Machine This ice cream machine is expensive but as someone who LOVES ice cream and makes it frequently, it’s worth it. If you want a more affordable option this one gets good reviews.